Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Lazy Blogger Makes an Entry!

OK. So I know mine must be the lamest blog on the internets. But here's my first post for 2007, with news.

I've just learned that I've been admitted to the next step of the ordination process in the Episcopal Church. I'm now a Postulant for Holy Orders in the Diocese of North Carolina. (translation: we've grilled you enough for now. we like you! go on to seminary and have some fun.) The Bishop and I have agreed that I'll go to General Theological Seminary in New York. I am incalculably grateful for the grace that has brought me to this moment.

Baruch atah Adonai eloheinu melekh ha-olam shehecheyanu v'kiyemanu v'higiyanu laz'man ha-zeh.

"“Blessed art thou, Lord our God, Master of the universe, who has kept us alive and sustained us and has enabled us to see this day."

Suddenly the waiting is over and there's lots to do. I ask your prayers and continued good thoughts as I move into the next phase of formation. And move to the Big Apple!

No comments: